Sunday, April 27, 2008

A new start!!


It has been more than a year since I moved to USA. And it has been a lot longer since I last hiked a mountain. And as my friends will agree, I really get exited every time I breath the cool breeze atop of a mountain, every time I see the green wilderness below me that has never been spoiled with the touch of a human foot, and every time I feel the chill of mist covering the tree tops. Feel me?? the photo here was taken in Horton Plains, in 2005.

Well, I miss Sri Lanka. Among many other things, I miss the small mountains of Ambewela and Pattipola and for sure, the famous Horton Plains, not to mention the silky waterfalls around my home town, Bandarawela.

Ok, enough grieving. I started this blog to share my outdoor adventures with my friends (including you, whoever you are..!!). The trip to Yosemite National Park couple of weeks ago gave me a boost in morale. And I definitely will be going back and definitely will continue to visit other places like that. It was amazing, hold on for my next post..!!

No comments: